World’s Weirdest Museum “Museum Of Toilets”
The Sulabh International Museum of Toilets is located in Delhi, India and it is run by the Sulabh International, dedicated to the global history of sanitation and toilets. It is the World’s Weirdest Museum among the Top 10 Museum’s of the World.
Some Facts About Museum Which Makes it Ranked Among Top 10 World’s Weirdest Museum
- Museum was established in the year 1992 by Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak showing rare collection of facts, pictures and objects detailing the historic evolution of toilets from 2500 BC to date
- Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak is recipient of national and international awards and in 2009 he awarded with the Stockholm Water Prize.
- The main objective behind the establishment of Museum is to educate and exploring historical trends in development of toilets across the world.
- When you visit the Museum you got to know about the trends in the toilets which is well described by the three sections present in the museum, which describes about ancient, medieval and modern types of toilets.
- The Museum is visited by well dignitaries from all over the world from doctors, nurses, school students, planners, Government Officials, anthropologists, engineers, scientists, designers, etc.
- The Museum has over the years proved to be a source of inspiration and a unique Centre for raising awareness towards proper sanitation and toilets around the world.
Entry FeeFree Entry
Click Below for Location on MapSulabh Bhawan, RZ-83, Palam – Dabri Marg, Mahavir Enclave, New Delhi, Delhi 110045