Easy Christmas Walnut Plum Cake Recipe at Home
Preparation Time- 30 min.
Baking Time- 40 min.
Serving- 5 people
Dry Berries – 2 cups
Rum or Brandy – 100 ml
Orange Zest – 1 orange
Roughly Chopped Cashews & Walnuts – 1 cup
Fresh Orange Juice – 1 Cup
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Butter- 250 gm
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 2 cups
Mixed Fruit Jam – 2 tsp
All Purpose Floor (Maida) – 2 cups
Mixed Spices (cinnamon powder, ginger powder & nutmeg powder) – 1 tsp
- Soak overnight all dry berries and orange zest in rum or brandy.
- In a bowl sieve all purpose floor (maida) and add baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl take melted butter, sugar and add egg one by one while continuing stirring.
- Now, add vanilla essence, orange juice & jam in the melted butter bowl and properly mix it using mixer for a minute or until all the ingredients mixed well. Now add this ingredients to the all purpose floor (maida) bowl.
- Stir well the batter with hands for a minutes.
- Now, strain the overnight soaked fruits and do not throw the strained mix fruits liquid.
- Coat the strained fruits and dry fruits in 2 tsp maida ( coating fruits in maida prevents from burning)
- Now add the coated fruits in the previously prepared batter.
- Take a 7 inches cake pan coated with butter paper and brushed with butter.
- Now pour the cake batter in a pan.
- Preheat the microwave at 180 degree C.
- Now, select the convection mode in microwave and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- After cooling, poke with skewer randomly.
- Brush with the strained mix dry berries liquid.
- Now refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Serve with tea or coffee.